As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Beach volleyball is a sport that’s growing in popularity and it’s an excellent way to spend your summer day. Whether you play for fun or as part of a professional team, you’ll need the best beach volleyball shorts.
- Our Top Beach Volleyball Shorts Recommendations
- Features to Consider for Buying Beach Volleyball Shorts
- Related Questions
Our Top Beach Volleyball Shorts Recommendations
There are many beach shorts to choose from. Each one of them has different characteristics that can fulfill specific needs. Here you can see a list of the best beach shorts to help you select the one that fits you the most.
These will allow you to play more comfortably and to perform better inside of the court. Additionally, these selections are likely to last longer than others with less quality.
Best Beach Volleyball Shorts Overall: Adidas Men’s Tastigo 19 Shorts
These are top-tier quality shorts, and even though their name states “men”, they can be used by both genders. The Adidas Men’s Tastigo Shorts are made of high-quality polyester that allows volleyball players to move without any discomfort.
Unlike other shorts, the Adidas Tastigo effectively absorbs the moisture that most athletes produce when sweating. This allows the fabric to breathe, which makes this design much fresher. Not to mention that it also prevents the bad smell produced by the excess sweat.
When it comes to their fit, these shorts are looser than the others listed here. This is great for people who don’t like uncomfortable clothing that sticks to their bodies while playing. However, a downside of this product is that it doesn’t contain pockets, which may be inconvenient.
- They can be used by both genders.
- They absorb the sweat produced by most athletes when playing volleyball.
- They are loose, yet they are not oversized. They can be a great option for athletes who don’t like tight clothing sticking to their bodies.
- There is a great variety of sizes to choose from.
- They are made with eco-friendly material that helps to avoid plastic waste.
- They do not have pockets, which makes carrying objects a bit difficult.
- They’re slightly transparent.
- Soccer shorts made with moisture-absorbing fabric for breathable comfort
- Regular fit strikes a comfortable balance between loose and snug
- Drawcord on waist for an adjustable fit
Best Beach Volleyball Men’s Shorts: Hifunk Mens Running Shorts
The Hifunk Mens Running Shorts are one of the men’s favorites due to their convenient length, their comfortable material, and even their style. They are made of a durable woven fabric that allows volleyball players to move freely without feeling any friction from the shorts.
Unlike other shorts, Hifunk comes with a UV protection function that protects the athlete’s skin when practicing under the sun. Though, a downside of this product is that its built-in liner might be considered too loose, which can cause discomfort when playing.
When it comes to sizing, the Hifunk Mens Running Shorts offer a great length above the knee that other shorts fail to deliver. This eases the movements and prevents them from sticking to your body when you bend your knee (which can cause a lot of discomfort while playing).
- They ease the movements and avoid friction while playing.
- They come with UV Protection.
- They offer side pockets with zip closure.
- They offer a convenient length.
- They can be easily machine washed.
- Their built-in liner might be considered too loose.
- When playing, the sweat might become visible in some colors of this product.
- POCKETS--side pockets and rear zip pocket for storage prevent losing the valves of you when running.
- REFLECTIVE MARK--Reflective logo can keep you more safety at night when running.Mesh briefs built-in...
- ELASTIC WAISTBAND--Featured elastic and adjustable Inner drawstring can perfect suit your waist,...
Best Beach Volleyball Women’s Shorts: Adidas Women’s Techfit Volleyball Shorts
The Adidas Women’s Techfit Volleyball Shorts are made from a high-quality material that stretches for a much more comfortable fit. On top of that, they are flexible and their fabrics prevent them from ripping. This eases your movements and greatly improves your flexibility.
Unlike other shorts for women, the Adidas Women’s material doesn’t uncomfortably stick to your body, on the contrary, it remains fit to your body despite all the movements you might do.
This makes it very convenient when it comes to playing volleyball and doing exercise.
Another remarkable difference from other shorts is that, when you bend over, they don’t go transparent. However, the only downside is that they might be too short and tight, which could be uncomfortable for some people.
- They have high-quality material that stretches, prevents rips, and improves your flexibility.
- They do not uncomfortably stick to your body.
- They do not ride up, they remain fit during high-intensity activities.
- They are not transparent neither when you are standing, nor when you bend down.
- They have thick and soft material that avoids friction.
- They might be considered too tight around the waist.
- They might be considered too short, which could be uncomfortable.
- Women's streamlined shorts for the volleyball court
- Compression fit molds to the body for a supportive feel; Alphaskin wraps the body for a locked-in...
- Moisture-absorbing AEROREADY helps you stay dry
Features to Consider for Buying Beach Volleyball Shorts
Beach shorts come in a variety of forms, so knowing what to look for before purchasing is essential. Here are some things you should think about:
|Adidas Men’s Tastigo 19 Shorts||100% Polyester||7 inches||Moderately fit.|
|Hifunk Mens Workout Running Shorts||95% Polyester 5% Spandex||5 inches||Moderately fit.|
|Adidas Women’s Techfit Volleyball Shorts||85% Polyester15% Elastane||Choose between 3, 4, and 5 inches||Very fit.|
Softness is one of the most important factors that are often overlooked by athletes. When you perform high-intensity activities the softness of your shorts is essential to avoid irritation. If your shorts are too rough, you might hurt your skin too much.
To avoid this, you need to make sure your shorts are made of a soft material such as polyester. After all, this material is often improved to make it more suitable for intense volleyball matches.
A good example of soft shorts are the Adidas Men’s Tastigo 19 Shorts listed in this article. These will avoid any irritation and discomfort.
Even though you won’t need pockets when playing a professional volleyball match, they are often a convenient addition to your shorts. If you only want to play for fun, then a couple of pockets will allow you to carry small things such as keys and snacks.
On the other hand, if you want to play professionally, then there is no need for your shorts to have pockets. In this case, they could only bother you while playing alongside your teammates.
A good example of a pair of shorts with pockets, are the Hifunk Mens Workout Running Shorts. These come with zip-closure pockets that allow you to safely carry items.
How tight your shorts are is a personal choice. Some athletes like tight clothing that doesn’t bother them while playing, while others rather the loosest shorts on the market.
You should only consider that, if you want to play professionally, your shorts should never restrict your movement.
There is a reason why most athletes use short shorts and flexible clothing. This allows them to run better, jump without any complications, and have a better overall performance on the court.
For example, the Adidas Women’s Techfit Volleyball Shorts are very tight and flexible, therefore, they won’t restrict your movement in any possible way.
The material of your shorts can make them susceptible to breaking. This is a major defect that could make them unusable, which is why you need to choose carefully. A good way to tell whether a sports material is bad is to check if it can slightly stretch without becoming transparent.
Additionally, you should always avoid plastic-based or rubber-based materials since they can overheat your body. These materials retain the sweat and don’t allow your body to breathe.
For instance, the Adidas Women’s Techfit Volleyball Shorts do not become transparent after being stretched, which is a sign of a good material.
Just like we mentioned before, a lot of athletes use short and tight clothing in order to enhance their performance. Though, that doesn’t mean that wearing lengthy clothes will make you instantly bad at volleyball.
In the end, it is your decision and you should always choose the length that makes you more comfortable. You could choose a long pair of shorts, (just like the Adidas Men’s Tastigo 19 Shorts) or a shorter version, (just like the Hifunk Mens Workout Running Shorts)
Here are some related questions about volleyball shorts:
Why Do Beach Volleyball Players Need to Wear Shorts?
According to the rules, beach volleyball players are allowed to wear short sleeve shirts and shorts, as well as long sleeve shirts with leggings. However, most players rather dress in short clothing since it allows them to move more freely.
How Do I Keep My Volleyball Shorts From Riding Up?
If your shorts are always riding up, the issue must be with the short’s size and fit. Getting ones that better fit your body should solve the issue. Additionally, if the shorts irritate your skin, you should hydrate the region to avoid further damage.
Volleyball shorts have a big impact on your performance on the court, therefore, you should always go for the best. Also, you must constantly remember to select those that make you feel comfortable while playing, only then will you be able to play properly