If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Having wide feet in volleyball can be an advantage as you have a better base and balance overall. However, finding volleyball shoes that cater to wide feet can be a challenging task. There aren’t many volleyball shoes that have compatibility with wide-footed people.
Sure, you can go a size down or up to accommodate your wide feet. Doing that can oftentimes cause a decrease in performance or discomfort of the feet. Below is a list of the best men volleyball shoes for wide feet. Note that this is a list of men’s volleyball shoes and not women’s volleyball shoes. Sizes may differ.
- Best Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet
- Best Overall Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet: Asics Gel-Rocket 8 Shoe
- Best Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet for the Money: Mizuno Wave Lightning Shoe
- Best Cheap Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet: Asics GEL-Netburner Ballistic MT Shoe
- Best Comfortable Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet: Mizuno Wave Tornado X Shoe
- Best Supportive Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet: ASICS Netburner Ballistic FF MT Shoes
- What to Look for Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet
Best Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet
With their trusted quality they’ve produced various popular volleyball shoes. They also made some men’s volleyball shoes catered for wide feet with excellent features.
Best Overall Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet: Asics Gel-Rocket 8 Shoe
The Asics Men’s Gel-Rocket 8 Volleyball Shoe is a volleyball shoe for wide feet. It also provides great comfort and stability.
The soft mesh material allows your foot to expand naturally and mold to your feet. Wide-footed players won’t have to suffer discomfort from rigid and sturdy upper materials.
The midsole is made of a full-length ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) foam that helps with impact resistance. It also eases up the stress from natural foot movement especially for people with wide feet.
The Forefoot Gel Technology in the midsole aids in the smooth heel-to-toe transition. The technology also helps reduce pressure and enhance comfort by adjusting the movements of your foot.
Asics’ Trusstic System technology in the outsole reinforces the arch for better stability. The outsole is designed with segmented areas to help with forefoot movement without the aid of the heel.
The outsole uses gum rubber as the material. It provides excellent traction on wooden floors. It’s not recommended to use the shoe for outdoors.
To ensure that your wide foot is secured, a traditional lacing system is used to manually lock down your foot. Synthetic overlays designed as a panel helps with lateral support.
The Asics Men’s Gel-Rocket 8 makes a perfect choice for wide feet thanks to its design and low-top construction. It provides excellent traction, stability, and comfort as an added bonus for wide feet.
- Lightweight sole for better movement
- Breathable and flexible mesh upper for wide feet
- GEL Cushioning System helps with shock absorption during impact phase
- Trusstic System Technology reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe
- Forefoot GEL Cushioning System (COURT): Attenuates shock during impact phase.
- Trusstic System Technology: Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural...
Best Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet for the Money: Mizuno Wave Lightning Shoe
The Mizuno Men’s Wave Lightning Z BK-SL offers a variety of features that caters to the wide-footed players. It offers stability, support, and comfort as a lightweight volleyball shoe.
Wide feet players can go true to size with the shoe. Whatever shoe size you used before, it should fit no problem with this shoe from heel to toe.
The Parallel Wave technology is a design of wave-constructed soles that reduce shock on your knees and ankles. It does so by distributing the shock all over the sole at the moment of impact. These waves prevent pain or discomfort on the foot after playing a game.
The outsole is made of XG rubber and is non-marking. XG rubber is good for avoiding slippage and sliding on the court. It has an excellent grip on indoor court surfaces and also helps with shock absorption.
Dynamotion Groove around the forefoot area helps with the flexibility of the shoe allowing the wide foot to fit in the shoe. It also helps improve the stability of the shoe thanks to its design.
Dynamotion Fit technology reduces the stress placed on your foot making this shoe great for people with wide feet. It accommodates the feet and relieves the stress on the foot.
The shoe is also lightweight with a snug fit that makes you feel as if you’re not wearing any shoes at all during games.
Surprisingly, the shoes are durable thanks to their design and it’s also made synthetic.
- Parallel Wave technology which uniformly disperses shock throughout the sole, providing excellent cushioning and enhanced stability
- Extra grade rubber for high traction and grip to the floor
- Dynamotion Groove for flexibility and agility while also minimizing forefoot instability
- Dynamotion Fit technology relieves the stress the foot naturally places on footwear, eliminating distortion for the perfect fit.
- Parallel Wave technology which uniformly desperses shock throughout the sole, providing excellent...
- Extra grade rubber. High traction grip to the floor
- Non-marking outsole. It does not mark the floor
Best Cheap Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet: Asics GEL-Netburner Ballistic MT Shoe
The Asics Men’s GEL-Netburner Ballistic MT is an improvement of the ASICS GEL-Volleycross Revolution models. The shoe gives improvements to comfort and stability even for people with wide feet.
The foot forming upper design made of synthetic materials ensures your feet fit snug and secure in the shoes. Don’t worry about it constricting your wide feet as the upper is flexible and stretchable.
The midfoot contains enhanced torsion stability and arch support thanks to the midsole containing the Trusstic system. The system also reduces the weight of the sole without affecting the structural integrity of the shoe.
Gel cushions are placed on the rearfoot and forefoot to help reduce the shock from impact from the outsoles. It also eases up the movement of the foot.
The Fluid Ride midsole gives you a bounce-back feel along with additional cushioning. It also reduces the weight of the shoe and makes the midsole highly durable.
The NC rubber outsole compound contains more natural rubber compared to regular rubber. This gives it a better grip and traction.
- Excellent arch support, which ensures that your feet are comfortable even after long hours of play
- Approved Association of Volleyball Professionals (AVP) volleyball shoes
- Improved torsional stability with the midfoot Trusstic System
- Gel Cushioning technology in the forefoot and rearfoot for impact absorption
- Fluid Ride technology for a bounce-back and cushion
- Rear foot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases,...
- Fluid Ride Midsole: Fluid Ride provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning...
- NC Rubber Outsole: Compound containing more natural rubber content than traditional solid rubber,...
Best Comfortable Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet: Mizuno Wave Tornado X Shoe
The Mizuno Men’s Wave Tornado X volleyball shoe is made premium quality and comfortable. It’s an excellent indoor volleyball shoe from Mizuno with excellent grip and durability.
The shoe features the Infinity Wave Technology. It provides excellent comfort by ensuring your forefoot, heel area, and midsole area are well padded and cushioned. The waves on the sole works by distributing the shock all over the sole area.
The Dynamotion Fit technology ensures your wide feet fit snug in the shoe. It makes sure your feet are placed properly within the shoe and you’re not feeling any pain or discomfort as you are playing a game. It works through the upper portion of the shoe which stretches appropriately during feet movement.
Infinite Wave Plate is placed in the heel of the shoe for reducing shock from jumping and landing during games.
The outsole is made of extra grade (XG) rubber and provides excellent grip and traction on an indoor volleyball court surface. The outsole is also non-marking so you won’t have to worry about making skid marks on the court.
The shoe is slightly on the heavier side but it makes up for it with its features. It’s also a highly durable mid-cut shoe with synthetic as its main material.
The Mizuno Wave Tornado X is considered by many as the best Mizuno Tornado model to date. It performs great in everything except in the weight category. This shoes has an added extra 2 ounce of weight for more cushioning.
- Relieves foot fatigue you would normally get from having wide feet
- Excellent grip and traction thanks to the extra grade rubber
- Soles have air vent holes that keep the shoe cool and dry
- Additional cushioning with extra paddings
- Infinity wave is the next level of wave technology with a more visible and effective construction.
- Extra grade rubber. High traction grip to the floor
- Non-marking outsole. It does not mark the floor
Best Supportive Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet: ASICS Netburner Ballistic FF MT Shoes
The Asics Men’s Netburner Ballistic FF MT volleyball shoes are built for stability and comfort for wide feet.
The Ortholite sock liner helps manage breathability and comfort. It can also be removed to place a specialized sock liner.
The rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning system reduces the shock during impact and the toe-off phase. This reduces the load from your wide feet.
FlyteFoam Midsole technology provides superb bounce back feel and responsiveness. Organic fibers are used to reduce stress.
Polyurethane air mesh upper molds to fit the shoe in your wide foot. It’s soft and flexible for a snug, comfortable fit.
It also has a Twisstrust System which improves the torsional stability of the shoe while the mid-top area gives support to the ankle.
- Ortholite sock liner for moisture management
- Mesh upper for a flexible and comfortable fit for people with wide foot
- NC Rubber outsole for better grip and traction compared to regular rubber
- FlyteFoam Midsole technology for a bounce-back and responsive feel
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off...
- Ortholite Sockliner - Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing...
- Removable Sockliner - A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
What to Look for Men’s Volleyball Shoes for Wide Feet
Upper Part of Shoe
The upper part of the shoe should be flexible and accommodating for wide feet. Some volleyball shoes have hard and sturdy upper materials for better lockdown which isn’t great for wide feet players. Make sure that the upper is:
The upper part of the shoe should mold to your feet perfectly so you won’t experience pain or discomfort.
The midsole’s role is to provide cushioning and shock absorption. This shouldn’t be narrow for wide footed players as it dictates the width of the shoes.
Midsoles are usually made with ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) and polyurethane. They are known for their bounce properties and durability.
Make sure the midsole fits with your feet to offer you the maximum support and cushion.
Having wide feet isn’t the end for finding the best men’s volleyball shoes for your wide feet. Having wide feet can be an advantage when it comes to stability but using the wrong volleyball shoes can spell injury.